Whether contact or non-contact, athletics place extremely high physical demands on the human body. When injury occurs, sport-specific rehabilitation is imperative to ensure the best possible outcomes and safe return-to-play. It is not enough just to get you back in the game, we need to get you back confident and prepared to tolerate whatever comes at you with minimal risk of re-injury.
Each treatment plan is unique and individualized. We complete a thorough examination to identify the source of your symptoms and which of your impairments are contributing to your limitations. These examinations include functional movement analyses, which we often record on our iPads from different angles so that we can slow it down and play it back for you. These detailed evaluations might include a gait or running analysis or your jumping, kicking, shooting, swinging, or throwing mechanics. We utilize skilled, hands-on techniques to improve your symptoms and mobility. We are extremely precise and thorough in our prescription of stretching and strengthening, dosing appropriately to ensure adequate loading in preparation for the high demands you will face. By restoring normal movement patterns, we are able to help you know what you need to do to return-to-play and prevent future recurrence of injury.
We collaborate closely with involved healthcare providers such as physicians, surgeons, coaches, athletic trainers, and personal trainers. Prior to making the decision to release you to return to your sport, we will perform sport-specific return-to-play testing. Different test clusters give us information regarding your preparedness for playing again and aides us in defining your injury risk. You will progress from these functional tests to non-contact practice, contact-practice, and finally competition.
We work with athletes involved in all sports, including but not limited to:
- field sports – baseball, softball, football, soccer, lacrosse, ultimate frisbee, rugby, field hockey
- court sports – basketball, volleyball, tennis, racquetball, pickleball, badminton
- mat sports – gymnastics, wrestling, boxing, Karate, Yoga, Pilates
- rink sports – hockey, figure skating
- endurance sports – track and field, cross country, recreational running, bicycling, swimming, cross country skiing
- outdoor sports – golf, disc golf, hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, downhill skiing, snowboarding, snow shoeing, surfing, skiing, wakeboarding, rowing, skateboarding, horseback riding, rodeo, fishing, archery, shooting
- other sports – weight-lifting, cheerleading, dancing, bowling, dog agility, and more!
Our providers who treat sports-related injuries: