At Healing Motion Physical Therapy, we strongly support our state and national efforts to protect our communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. We also strive, as is our mission, to move all to excel in health, wellness, and life. We believe this is done best by helping every individual improve and excel in each of our 6 Pillars of Health. Tied to that, we believe a Fitness Forward lifestyle is very important. See linked blogs for more details.
The importance of this is heightened during times like these. While presently doing so is not without its unique challenges, it’s more important than ever that we
To this end, we are providing links to various resources we hope you’ll find helpful during this time. This blog provides you primarily with resources you can access immediately online. See our 6 Pillars of Health blog above for recommendations about professional help you can access in our community. In addition to all of this, we welcome any suggestions you may have; please FB message or email us any suggestions to add at email@example.com.
The links below will follow our 6 Pillars of Health.
1. Spirituality/Faith, Mindfulness, Meditation
- In his 2020 Daily Meditations, Fr. Richard Rohr, OFM, draws largely from the Christian faith, and to a lesser extent, from other faiths and fields of study, to foster opening to God’s loving presence. Connect with God, and understand what action is yours to take, and what isn’t. You can sign up for an email subscription, and select the frequency that works best for you – daily, weekly, or monthly. This is free, and you may unsubscribe at any time.
- Guidposts.org provides a one minute daily devotion followed by a brief prayer. Their Prayer app is a resource to submit prayer requests, schedule prayer reminders, create prayer lists, pray for others, and foster your faith journey with daily Bible verses, reflections, and prayers.
- Many local churches are offering online services.
- Headspace is a personal guide to mindfulness, including meditation exercises, a “move mode” for mind and body fitness, and sleep sounds and exercises. Try a 2 week free trial of the Headspace app. In addition, Headspace is now offering, free to everyone, meditations and movement and sleep exercises as part of their “Weathering the Storm” collection in an effort to support you through the COVID-19 crisis.
- Want to learn more about … Anything? The Great Courses Plus offers courses on hundreds of different subjects. Try a 1 month free trial and listen to or watch on your TV, laptop, tablet, or smartphone!
- Keep your mind sharp with cognitive training! Lumosity offers a free app with several games to challenge your speed, memory, attention, flexibility, problem solving, math, and language skills. The games adapt to your skill level, so you’ll always enjoy a good challenge while flexing your mind muscles!
- Take time daily to connect and build relationship with those that you live with.
- Yes, we all have video conference fatigue, but it’s better than not being able to hang out. Try to schedule weekly video or phone calls with one friend or a group of friends.
- Connect with others and get lost in a good book through arranging a virtual book club! Book Club by BookMovement is just one of many available apps you can use to do this!
- If you’re a mom with kids under the age of 5, check out HOME Group which is providing weekly content, motivation, and online social opportunities for moms just like you! Email them to get added to their private Facebook page.
Other ideas on how to connect with others while social distancing include arranging a virtual board game night using a video communication platform and/or one of many virtual board game apps, or watching a movie “together” at the same time. Of course, there are other more traditional methods, such as going for a walk respecting social distancing guidelines, talking on the phone, or even writing a good ol’ fashioned letter!
4. Stress Management
- Headspace is once again helpful here
- Calm and Abide are also helpful apps! Calm helps with general stress and anxiety management, while Abide does the same while incorporating Christian faith meditations.
- Precision Nutrition has excellent resources
- My Fitness Pal is an excellent way to track calories and activity
- Noom provides excellent resources and lifestyle changes focused on proper nutrition
Local Online Pre-Recorded Options
- Check out our own Healing Motion PT Facebook and Instagram accounts for ongoing information about exercise and healthy living.
- Workout along with us with our 15 Minute Kid and Family Workouts
- These workouts are good for any adult whether you have kids or not!
- Check out Samaritan Athletic Medicine’s Facebook Page and their “Quarantine Fitness Episodes.” Whether you’re looking for general mobility, cardio, strengthening, etc., there is something here for everyone!
Local Gyms and Fitness Companies with Online Workouts and Resources
If you join as a member to most any of these gyms/businesses below, during any stay at home orders, will loan you equipment and provide daily virtual workouts via Zoom.
- The Shop Fitness and Performance posts a Workout of the Day with at home workouts in mind requiring minimal to no equipment
- Fitness Delivered is a new mobile personal training business that will bring equipment and training to you at your home or office
HIIT/Bootcamp/Cardio Strength Training
- Burn Boot Camp is offering live online class options
- Orange Theory Fitness is offering live online class options
- Splendid Barre is offering live online class options
- Willamette Valley Power Yoga is offering live online class options
- Zumba with Lauren is offering live online class optoins
Physical Therapy and Performance Training
- If you would like some additional guidance on what types of physical activities and exercises may be most appropriate for you, please contact us with your questions at the link or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also schedule an appointment for Physical Therapy, Performance Training, or an Annual Wellness and Exercise Guidance visit.
- We are offering both in person with COVID-19 precautions and virtual online Telehealth services.
- HOTV Runners has been offering appropriately physically distance outdoor runs.
- AllTrails is a great resource for trail guides and maps.
- Just get out for a walk in your neighborhood!
Other Online Non-Local Option others have suggested
- Gymondo offers a 1 month free trial with access to 20 fitness programs and 200+ workouts adapted to your fitness level and goals.
- MadFit YouTube workouts
- The Under Belly Yoga
- CrossFit’s Workout of the Day
- Please feel free to suggest others!
We hope any of the above resources are helpful for you in this challenging time of physical distance required by COVID-19. While we are the experts at exercise, movement, and pain, we are also the experts at understanding well rounded health as demonstrated by our 6 Pillars of Health. Hopefully you can use this time to establish some good “self care” routines and continue as a better you even when things are back to normal! If you have any questions about any of the above, please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Together, we will get through COVID-19 and the need to stay home. In the meanwhile, all we can do is listen to our healthcare experts and government officials and try to make the most out of a difficult circumstance. We can only control what we can control and that can be striving to excel in health, wellness, and life!
Keep working to move, heal, excel! We are stronger together!
– Healing Motion Team